Specialists in Alzheimer's care
The home is a large detached property situated in the small village of Herstmonceux amidst the rolling Sussex countryside. It is set in two acres of land that has been thoughtfully converted and refurbished to a high standard, preserving the character of this charming house.
It is half a mile from local amenities such as shops and local transport links
We provide high standards of care and can accommodate 20 residents to include the elderly and those with a dementia type illness. Our home offers twelve single rooms and four shared rooms.
There is a lounge, dining room and library. Outside there is a large rural garden with lots of seating areas and a large parking area.
Residents are encouraged to furnish their own rooms in their own style and to use them as much as they wish for leisure, meals and entertaining, so creating a home from home feel.
We are happy for our service users to bring their pets with them and some already have cats in their rooms
Our Philosophy of Care
- Giving help in intimate situations as discreetly as possible
- Offering a range of locations around the home for residents to be alone or with selected others
- Ensuring privacy when service users are using the telephone, opening and reading mail and communicating with relatives and friends.
Dignity and Independence
- Treating each resident as a special and valued individual
- Helping residents to present themselves, well dressed, as they would wish to appear in public
- Tackling the effects of disabilities which residents may experience in their communication, physical functioning, mobility or appearance
Our service users’ wellbeing is our main concern and a smiling face and a helping hand are always available.